Learner Levels are a progressive measure of learning that Tapton School have designed to:
- Provide students with a formative and summative assessment about their learning behaviours and instil the concept that learning is a continuous and developmental process
- Inform the teaching and learning process
- Reinforce key learning behaviours and skills that are important for lifelong learning and academic success
- Place a greater responsibility on students to develop their own range of learning strategies
- Create a learning language to form the basis of communication and discussion between students, staff and parents.
Students will be awarded a learner level from 1 -9 by their teachers on each set of tracking they receive throughout the year - this depends on the learning skills and behaviours that they regularly demonstrate in lessons. The learner levels that students are given will also depend on the expected levels of a particular year group. Each term two students from each class are awarded 'Learner of the Term' status, this is linked to learner levels and goes to students who have worked hard, shown significant improvement or achieved highly.
The complete breakdown of our learner levels, including progression through the key stages, can be found below.