"I regard the theatre as the greatest of all art forms, the most immediate way in which a human being can share with another the sense of what it is to be a human being." Ocsar Wilde.
Drama at Tapton School develops skills and techniques that develop an understanding and awareness of the art of theatre. We have two thriving theatre companies and also team up with our Music and Art departments to produce our annual school productions.
We embrace the life skills that Drama can bring, and place a big focus on developing confidence and team working skills.
Tapton School offers a number of Drama related subjects at A-Level:
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Film Studies
key stage 3 curriculum content
Students will be introduced to a wide range of dramatic conventions, forms and styles throughout their Key Stage 3 study.
- Communication skills and teamwork
- Performance skills
- Consider and present ideas on a range of topics and issues.
In Year 9 students will be equipped with the skills and techniques required at GCSE level. Study with include:
- Theatre Practitioners
- Contemporary Theatre Companies
- Devising from a stimulus
- Study and Performance of a Text
- Going to see live theatre and responding by analysing and evaluating performance.
key stage 4 curriculum content
Students will study towards their GCSE through a mixture of internally / externally examined performances, written portfolios and controlled examinations. Tapton school follows the WJEC/Eduqas specification.
- Students will create and develop a devised piece from a stimulus, including analysis and evaluation in a written portfolio.
- Students will either perform in and/or design for two key extracts from a performance text.
- Students will complete a written examination on a set text and a live production of a piece of theatre.