At Tapton, there are so many opportunities to get involved and we offer a wide range of extra-curricular activities to compliment your academic study. At the beginning of the year we hold a Sixth Form Freshers’ Fair where you’ll get the chance to sign up to lots of clubs. We believe that Sixth Form is as much about learning as it is about having fun. Whatever your interest, we’ve got something for you!
Below is a list of some of the extra-curricular opportunities on offer. This list is not exhaustive and we are always interested in hearing new ideas.
- Music Ensembles - Opportunities include Brass Band, Senior Orchestra, Staff Student Choir and Jazz Band.
- Sports Clubs - It has been proven that taking part in regular physical activity helps with stress, improves your memory and helps your overall mental wellbeing. Our programme of activities includes football, fitness and badminton.
- Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award - A two year programme consisting of volunteering, skills challenges, and physical and residential sections.
- Paired Reading - You will have the chance to work closely with some of our younger students to support and encourage a culture of reading.
- LGBTQIA+ - A warm and welcoming space for all students, regardless of how you identify, every Monday lunchtime.
- Cultural Newsletter - Work with other likeminded culturally curious students to create a monthly round up of what to read, watch, visit and listen to.
- Social Sciences Discussion Group - Are you interested in how psychology and sociology relate to and explain real world phenomenon? Contemporary podcasts, literature (fiction and non-fiction) as well as films are used to stimulate and promote interesting debate.
- Book Club - Read, enjoy, discuss and critique some of the most fascinating books ever written.
- Bread Making Masterclass - Delve into the complexities of breadmaking and learn how to make everything from a simple white loaf to sourdough and pizza.
- Sixth Form Theatre Company - Join a great team to explore and interpret some wonderful dramatic texts. Open to anyone who loves theatre, whether that’s behind the scenes, in the director’s chair, or in the limelight.