In the Event of a School Closure
Our primary concern in the event of severe weather or school closure will always be for the safety of our students and staff and any decision to close the school will be made on this basis.
1. If snow falls are expected overnight senior management will monitor the situation and make a decision as to whether there will be a late start for students and staff, or a full closure. The information will be communicated to parents by the following method:
- Advisory text message giving details of any altered school timings i.e late start/early close or full closure will be sent out by 7.15am to all parents/carers for whom we have current mobile numbers registered
- Information will be on the school website and Tapton Twitter
- Local radio stations (Radio Hallam and Radio Sheffield) will broadcast the information.
2. If bad weather develops during the day a decision will be taken by senior management regarding school closing early. Once the decision has been made to close the school early a text message will be sent out to all parents/carers:
- Those students for whom we have received authorisation to leave school early in the event of a closure will be allowed home as soon as the decision is given. If you will not be at home to receive your child you may wish to consider making contingency arrangements with a relative or friend whom you can instruct your child to go to in these circumstances.
- Those students who do not have permission to leave school early will be supervised by staff and will remain in school until the end of the normal school day. Students will not be released before 3.30pm and will only be allowed to leave early if collected by yourself or your nominee. Please ensure you inform school if you child is to be collected by a nominee.
Students remaining in school will need to report to the dining room once classes have been dismissed due to school closure. If the students do not report to the dining room we will be unable to account for their whereabouts once school has closed. Please can you ensure that you speak to your child to reinforce our message that in the event of early school closure, when classes are dismissed they need to make their way directly to the dining room and report to the member of staff present. It is the students own responsibility to make their way there and stay until the end of the school day / await collection by parents / carers.