Learner Level Description
The Learner Levels are a progressive measure of learning that Tapton School have designed to:-
- Provide students with a formative and summative assessment about their learning behaviours and instil the concept that learning is a continuous and developmental process.
- Inform the teaching and learning process.
- Reinforce key learning behaviours and skills that are important for lifelong learning and academic success.
- Place a greater responsibility on students to develop their own range of learning strategies.
- Create a learning language to form the basis of communication and discussion between students, staff and parents.
Students will be awarded a learner level from 1-9 – this depends on the learning skills and behaviours that they regularly demonstrate in lessons. The learner levels that students are given will also depend on the expected levels for a particular year group. Please see the overview below: